Whiplash Treatment from Your Auto Accident Chiropractor in Tempe
Whiplash is a common problem experienced by people involved in car accidents. As your auto accident chiropractor in Tempe, we help our patients manage their pain and heal from whiplash. Using all natural, gentle chiropractic techniques, we can help you recover from your auto accident injuries and improve your quality of life.
Causes of Whiplash
When a car is hit, occupants of the car are often jerked forward or backward, putting a strain on the muscles of the neck. When this happens, the muscles and ligaments in the neck develop small tears.
Symptoms of Whiplash
Symptoms of whiplash include:
- Pain and tenderness in the neck and shoulders
- Muscle stiffness
- Limited range of motion
- Difficulty sleeping
- Blurred vision
Often these symptoms take days or weeks to manifest after the accident occurs.
See a Chiropractor for Auto Accident Injury in Tempe AZ
Because the symptoms of whiplash can take days or weeks to manifest after an accident occurs, this means that many patients will wait to seek an auto injury chiropractor in Tempe. During this time, the patient may develop complications.
Waiting to seek care after an injury occurs can lead to chronic pain and long-term injury. Seeking care from a chiropractor can help ensure that the injury heals properly and in a timely fashion.
Chiropractic Care for Whiplash from an Auto Accident
The primary method many chiropractors use to treat whiplash is a spinal adjustment. During the spinal adjustment process, the chiropractor makes adjustments to the vertebrae to reduce pressure on the spinal cord. These adjustments are done by hand or with tools. In addition to spinal adjustment, chiropractors also use the following techniques to treat whiplash:
- Lifestyle adjustment. We give lifestyle advice to patients to help them develop habits and behaviors that can help speed the healing process. Lifestyle advice also helps patients avoid behaviors and lifestyle choices that can exacerbate injuries.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a technique that we use to reduce stiffness in the muscles and reduce muscle tension. Massage therapy also improves circulation at the site of the injury to help the patient heal.
- Stretches and exercises. Stretches and exercises can help patients improve their range of motion and strengthen the muscles during the healing process.
- Nutrition counseling. Our nutrition counseling services help ensure that patients have the energy they need to exercise during the healing process. We also recommend foods that have anti-inflammatory properties, to help patients control swelling and inflammation.
Contact Your Auto Injury Chiropractor in Tempe AZ
As your source for auto accident injury treatment in Tempe AZ, we help patients manage their pain and recover from whiplash injuries. At Coyote Chiropractic and Wellness Center, we use all natural techniques to help patients manage their whiplash. Our techniques are safe and gentle for patients of all ages.
To make an appointment, contact us today at (480) 820-0999.